Visit us at: Unit 3, Elagh Business Park, Derry, BT48 8QH
Our studio offers numerous pole fitness classes every week for anyone who wants to become fitter in the most fun way possible! Pole fitness is suitable for anyone who wants to tone up, lose weight and enjoy the benefits of lots of laughs in the process. It does not matter what age, size or level of fitness you have as we start people off at a very basic level and gradually work up from there. Pole fitness has the added benefit of helping people improve their confidence and self-esteem and meet lots of new friends. Our experienced instructors not only are fantastic teachers, but they all have great personalities to help people really get the most out of their classes. Classes are once a week over a 6 week term and last an hour and 15 minutes. They are priced at a fantastic rate of £50 for the 6 week term (contact us to find out about any special offers).
Welcome to Burlesque! The new craze in female fitness! A fun and sexy way to tone up or even shed a few pounds whilst unleashing your inner goddess. We welcome ladies of all ages, shapes and sizes and classes are beginner-friendly, the ethos being to boost confidence and self-esteem while having fun at the same time. Over the 6 week term you will learn a dance routine and have a lot of laughs along the way. £50 per term (with special offers available).
Burlesque ‘n’ Tone
This burlesque/chair dance inspired fitness class combines cardio and resistance for an all over body and fitness workout. It is a no-strip, fun and flirty way to tone up, gain confidence and make new friends
Yoga/ Anti-Gravity Yoga
Sophie Dechant is our very highly qualified yoga instructor who also works as a senior nurse practitioner in Altnagelvin Hospital.
Benefits of yoga include:
• Strengthened muscles and joints
• Improved range of motion and flexibility in hips, spine and shoulders
• Improved balance
• Improved posture
• Reduced stress and pain
• Increased vitality and a greater sense of well-being
• Improved sleep
• Better eating habits
• Rejuvenates the body’s healing capacity through restorative yoga poses
Anti-gravity Yoga is a fitness regime designed to increase one’s overall health and physical agility while having fun. The technique was created by gymnasts for the sake of exploring the air and has been modified and enhanced to fit into the yoga mould and to cater to the everyday athlete. By adding additional techniques from dance, pilates and calisthenics, AntiGravity has created a complete workout that is certain to get you in shape while realigning you from the compression of gravity.
The AntiGravity Hammock is a structural fabric that is connected from two overhead points. It acts like a swing or soft trapeze.
- Zero compression inversions
- Circulatory and lymphatic system refresh
- Stimulating the release of neurotransmitters from the brain
- Decompression of spine through gentle traction
- Hydration of vertebral disks
- Increased muscular flexibility
- Core strengthening
- Upper and lower body muscular strengthening
- Increased kinesthetic awareness; fine-tuning balance & agility
- More astute proprioceptor (sensory receptors) response
- Increased joint mobility
- Low impact cardiovascular conditioning
- Increased command/response acuity
- Greater cerebellum function
- Increased Neuromuscular plasticity
- Hormone stimulation
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering basic fears
- More astute presence through mindful consciousness conditioning
- Learning of new skills: A creative and artistic fitness experience
- Uniquely fun experience that works risible muscles as well as functional muscles
You will leave class feeling lighter. Your posture will be improved and you will feel taller!
Pole Infinity is home to the unique, innovative and popular Recovery Programme and follow-on programmes. Combining fitness with guidance on well-being, mental health and Mindfulness, these courses are usually over-subscribed due to the high standard of professional facilitators and successful outcomes. Take care of your mind, body and soul with these one-of-a-kind programmes which are offered throughout the year.
Watch this space for upcoming classes for teens! Develop confidence, self-esteem and fitness… Make friends, laugh lots and learn some exciting skills…
Another innovative programme to help with well-being and stress… This time for school age pupils. Delivered by an experienced teacher with professional Mindfulness training, the programme aims to support young people in dealing with the trials and tribulations of exam preparation, study and stress.